Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday, August 6, 2010

WOD
5-5-5-5-5 reps back squat

My loads: 125-145-165-175-180

Skills
Double unders (didn't go so well, my timing wasn't great but I got 20 something)
Turkish get-ups
Barbell cleans
Barbell squat snatches

I worked out at the gym where my step-mom gets personal training. After one of the other trainers finished with his client he gave me some coaching on my TGUs and oly lifts. I think he knows what he's doing since he's a big Russian dude, so I'll give what he said a try. If I find out he knows how to oly lift I might try to get an hour lesson with him while I'm here (he seemed more interested in the KB stuff and they don't have bumpers there, but we'll see).

1 comment:

  1. 3 Hours Shortline - 1 Hour 'Not Stretching'
    Spent 1 hour teaching newbies how to walk the line. The rest of the time I focused on helicopters and 1 handed gutstands/elbow levers. The technique for practicing 1 hand gutstands is to slowly load one hand until all your weight is on it then try to remove the supporting hand. My forearms aren't strong enough to hold my body weight yet so I can only hold for 1-3 seconds.

    Saw a cute gymnast today while I was on the line. I wanted to ask for tips on splits/backflips but I was teaching the noobs and by the time I was done she was gone. She was also with a large male, presumably a gymnast, presumably her boyfriend.

    Wallflip - 12 days

    ReplyDelete