Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WOD
AM:
Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
65 pound Thruster, 5 reps
65 pound Hang Powercleans, 7 reps
65 pound Sumo Deadlift High-pull, 10 reps

Source

My rounds: 8 + 1 SDHP
I felt that my hands really were the limiting factor here and that was really frustrating. My arms and lungs were a little fatigued, but I just couldn't hold onto the bar. Not great, but not too bad.

PM:
5-5-5-2 deadlift

This was supposed to be a 5x5, but I couldn't hold onto the super-smooth feeling bar. I think it was the same bar as the morning. Freaking stupid.

My loads: 225, 245, 255, 255
I started at just over 80% of my one rep max (280->224) which is too high. When I do a 5x5 I usually try to do 2-3 of them at or above 80%, not all. But by starting too heavy I probably got more work done since I don't know how many reps I could hold onto. I have a couple cool blisters and some black metal particles or something on my palms now though.

Today I learned:
my hands are weak
smooth barbells should be avoided
I miss chalk
Trees has barbells, Bellefield does not
I should do the math before I start lifting

Skills
Double unders, new PR 80 (I think)
Rowed 1000m for warm-up (did this for shoulder presses last rotation and both times today)

1 comment:

  1. 1.5 Hours Shortline - 1 Hour Stretching
    Getting more confident with my jumps and more confident on the line in general. Tried some inverted tricks with my hands on the line...kinda like kicking into a cartwheel and then coming back down onto the line without turning over.

    ReplyDelete