Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Suicides and 5x5 Front Squat

WOD
AM
8 suicides on the volleyball courts at the Fitz (track was being used) with 30s rest

Suicides as follows:
start on sideline of one court
sprint to opposite sideline
sprint back
sprint to close sideline of second court
sprint back
sprint to far sideline of second court
sprint back

Light stretching
2:00 front plank
1:30 each side plank

PM
5-5-5-5-5 front squat

135-145-155-165 (4,F)-160
As of November 9 my 1 RM is around 175 so I'm happy with this effort. I really tried to focus on staying tight and upright as well as pushing my knees out. I did well with this in the first three sets, as the weight got heavy it became hard to stay focused on it.

Shoutout to D LO for spotting my last two sets and bailing me out on set 4.

Skills
Double unders
GHD situps
Rowing form

1 comment:

  1. 1.5 Hours 2" Mediumline
    Front flips, 360s, lemur leaps, 1-footed lemur leaps, butt bounces. Tried two 180 front flip dismounts...both were superman faceplants into the ground. Also tried working my aeriel on the ground for the first time. Lots of falling on my ass but I don't feel like it's that far out of range. Butt bounces are easier on the 2" but I'm not convinced it's because of the width of the line, I think its the webbing itself. More experimentation is necessary...we'll see what happens when the other 1" gets here.

    1 Hour Climbing with Rachel
    Strained my right elbow. I always fall to my right so my right arm is pretty beat up from wiping out all the time in the last 5 days (snowboarding, front flips, etc). I was able to flash a few routes (complete them on my first try) and Rachel says I'm really good for only having gone 2x.

    Planche Progressions Level 2
    27 seconds
    22 seconds
    16 seconds

    Handstands
    Pull-ups
    Leg lifts
    Other gymnastic things I can't remember

    My core is sore.

    ReplyDelete