Friday, July 23, 2010

"Murph"

"Murph"
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

For time.
Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

I don't have a vest, nor would I wear one if I wanted to have any hope of being able to move tomorrow.

Source

My time: 35:33
The miles were approximate, I used MapMyRun, but their map of my neighborhood is very outdated. I ran the first one in 7:55, which seemed about right based on how fast I felt I was running. I didn't look at my watch for the second one.

I'm going to be sore as hell tomorrow, I'm sure. Should I have scaled this? Probably. Am I proud of myself? Hell yeah. I got my first skin tear from pullups today, it made me feel like a real crossfitter. The kicker of it is that it was on pullup #100.

4 comments:

  1. It rained today. Fuck the rain. I'm going to work splits and gutstands for an hour or so then go to bed.

    What's a skin tear? Oh- http://media.photobucket.com/image/skin%20tear%20pull%20ups/BenandRyansmom/hands.jpg
    Badass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, mine looks a lot like this one, but on my ring finger just below the first knuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also- my quads were sore, but not as sore as the last time I did 300 squats (a week or so before this).

    ReplyDelete