Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday, July 3, 2010

WOD
Morning
Back squat 5-5-5-5-5 reps

Classic set/rep scheme, I'm not going to dig up something for this one

My loads: 95-115-125-135-155
This was my first time actually squatting with weight in about two and a half years so I was trying to feel it out some. I enjoyed it- I need to do more heavy stuff to get stronger and gain some weight.

Evening
For time:
21-15-9 reps of
Lunges (each leg = 1/2 rep)
Situps
Burpees

Source

My time: 5:50
This is a fun one, I recommend this one if you can't get to the gym and don't have much time, Cackett.

Skills
Handstand kickups
Empty barbell push-presses

3 comments:

  1. Evening in 7:13

    I've gotten a lot better at my situps somehow. Burpees and lunges were slow.

    Megan and my dad are visiting for 4th of July. My dad was pretty impressed with my turtle which has evolved into as close to a handstand as I think I will get on the line. I'm going to rename it guts since turtle doesn't seem appropriate. He then suggested I jump over another person on the line (I think I could do it if another person could hold a crouch).

    I don't know how I feel about the tumblelog. It doesn't allow you (or others) to comment unless you get tumblr accounts and I follow you. Plus you can't download what I post. What do you think? (maybe I should pose this to the friendfeeds)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that Ronald Jenkees yesterday, I personally like FriendFeed, I don't really see a point in doing the tumblog instead, especially if you use your tag. There's really nothing but disadvantage to it as far as I can tell. My two cents though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Maybe I'll keep it up for the rest of the world but I'm going back to friendfeed. If Jeff wants the music he can get it from you when you get back to Pitt or I can figure something else out.

    ReplyDelete