Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

WOD
Complete as many rounds as possible in seven minutes of:
185-205 pound Deadlift, 7 reps (I did 205, it got pretty heavy pretty fast)
20 meter Sprint
14 One legged squats (or progressions)
21 Double-unders
20 meter Sprint

Source

I did 2 rounds + thru double unders of round 3. My setup was very inefficient, I did 10m out, 10m back and also had to walk a little to the road for my double unders.

If I had set it up better I probably could have finished the round but not too much more (maybe 1-2 DL), I would guess.

Skills
1 barbell hang squat snatch (PR ;-])
I overhead walked with a few of the plates since I did the WOD outside, worked on keeping my core tight

2 comments:

  1. Ok, yesterday was just not at all Thursday but I'll post what I did anyway.

    2 hour session - Shortline (~15ft):
    ~45 min unstructured time (ran through everything I can do consistently) The main goal here is to build confidence and a genuine belief that whatever I try I wont kill myself
    This consists of:
    Walking - Frontwards, Backwards, Tiptoes, Sides of Feet, Squatted
    Jumps - Vertical, Forward, Backward, Split Leg
    Mounts - Left/Right leg, Jump, Seated, Treeplant
    Contact - Bouncing, Surfing, Bobbing, Splits (as far as I can go)
    Spins - 180 (jump + no jump)
    Transitions - Stand to Sit, Sit to Stand, Stand to Gutstand
    ~15 min Gutstands/front lever + 1 handed Gutstand
    ~15 min introduce bystanders to the line
    ~10 min Lemur Leaps - The goal is multiple jumps in succession (I can do 3-5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0LWf0Gp0oI
    Here are actual lemurs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2LCMhSxjWE
    ~10 min Standup to Laydown Transition
    ~10 min Creative Exploration - 2 new tricks
    Kneel Mount - Start with knees on the line
    Jump Mount to 180 Combo
    ~10 min 360 attempts (no successes yesterday, I'm not consistent yet and it still freaks me out a little)
    ~10 min Max Jumps - Trying to jump as high/far as I can (gaining height necessary for flips)

    No time for splits yesterday. I'm following this howto though: http://gymnastics.about.com/od/trainingadvice/ss/centersplit_7.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed the day thing, thanks. Also, you're ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete