Friday, March 11, 2011

KB Swings/Push-ups + 7x3 Weighted Pull-ups

Afternoon WOD
75-50-25
KB Swings (1 pood since that's what I have)
Push-ups (chest to deck)

13:48
Last couple workouts have felt... meh. This one felt better. I tried to break up the swings as little as possible but even with the 1 pood my forearms we're just not strong enough.

Evening (Late) WOD
3-3-3-3-3-3-3 strict weighted pull-ups

25-30-35-40-45(F)-42.5(1,F)-40(2,F)
So so so close on the last rep, I kipped a little and got it but in reality I was probably 2" or so short without the kip. I miscounted my sets (I think, I was on the phone during most of this WOD) so I'll count the warm up set at 25.

Skills
L-sit hold from hang
KB snatches

2 comments:

  1. 2.5 Hours Club Meeting
    9 People showed up and we tied 4 lines for the first time in my life. I was having a good day and I hit a couple bb 360s (I will abbreviate butt bounce as bb from now on) although I cheated the landing pretty aggressively. Also worked bb to chest bounce to knee bounce combos and some butt spin variants.

    Mel worked switch bbs, yokohama bbs, sticky buns, and chest bounces. Chest bounces are still pretty difficult for her. Hannah was trying jumps and handstands and stuff. Max also hit his first jumps on the line.

    New members mostly took turns walking the really short line I tied with moderate success. I don't know how many of them caught the bug but hopefully one or two will become regular members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addendum: Torqued my knee during a bb spin and I thought I was going to have to take a break for awhile but I guess I was wrong since I got my front flip one day later

    ReplyDelete